During this year’s 16 Days of Activism against Gender-Based Violence (GBV) which took place between the 25th November (International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women) to the 10th of December (International Human Rights Day), Gorongosa National Park (PNG) in partnership with USAID Mozambique organized and carried out the following activites:
– Workshops with 51 Secondary students (34 girls and 17 boys) where GBV was discussed and its all forms and what should we do to prevent it.
– Distributed menstrual hygiene pads to 25 scholarship beneficiary in Cristo Rei highschool – in Gorongosa Village
– Trained 32 man who are our stakeholders, on program called ‘’Men as Partners’’ to ensure they know they role in society and how they can ensure harmony in the household – Gorongosa Village.
– workshop with 50 community member, where they discussed about GBV, early marriages and HIV & AIDS – in Machiço community.
– Live event hosted by USAID, where diferent topics around GBV where discussed highlight youth and the environment.
So join us in saying NO to all forms of violence against women and girls in the PNG, families, communities and society in general.